On 6 July 2007, an Application under article 292 of the Convention was filed by Japan against the Russian Federation concerning the release of the fishing vessel Tomimaru. The Application was entered in the list of cases as Case No. 15.
By Order dated 9 July 2007, the President fixed 21 July 2007 as the date for the opening of the hearing.
On 17 July 2007, the Russian Federation filed its Statement in Response.
Prior to the opening of the hearing, the Tribunal held initial deliberations on 20 July 2007.
Oral statements were presented at four public sittings held on 21 and 23 July 2007. In their concluding statements, the representatives of the parties read their final submissions.
On 6 August 2007, the Tribunal delivered its Judgment in the case.
Institution of Proceedings
- ITLOS/PV.07/4 – 21 July 2007 a.m.
- ITLOS/PV.07/5 – 21 July 2007 p.m.
- ITLOS/PV.07/6 – 23 July 2007 a.m.
- ITLOS/PV.07/7 – 23 July 2007 p.m.
- Minutes of public hearings (original language) in accordance with article 86 of the Rules of the Tribunal
Questions to the Parties
- Questions and request for documents to the Parties
- Document submitted by Japan
- Documents submitted by the Russian Federation
- Letter from Japan commenting on the documents submitted by the Russian Federation
- Judgment of 6 August 2007
- ITLOS/Press 110: Two applications filed at the Tribunal on behalf of Japan against the Russian Federation for release of two arrested fishing vessels
- ITLOS/Press 111: Tribunal to deliver its Judgments in The “Hoshinmaru” Case and The “Tomimaru” Case on Monday, 6 August 2007 at 2 p.m.
- ITLOS/Press 113: Tribunal delivers Judgment in Case No 15